February 1, 2009

I couldn't resist....

So my girlfriend Melissa and her son Peyton came up this weekend for a visit. And first, just let me say that ever since I moved 3 hours away from all of my friends in June, they've all come to see me as much as I've been to see them. Those are real friends and I love them for that. OK...on to scrapbooking...

Well Mr. Peyton has always loved my daughter Rebecca and the feeling is mutual. And Peyton is ALL boy. He's rough and tough and once in a while he'll even let out a curse word. Which isn't funny...but it is. One of his favorite words is 'My daddy's a Bad Ass!". LOL. It's true. His daddy is an American Hero and has served our country for 16+ years as a Marine and has done 2 tours in Iraq. He's not just a bad ass...he's an American Bad Ass!!

Ok...so here's this darling little boy who worships my girly girl. So yesterday Rebecca decided to put on one of her many Princess dresses. Joking, I said "Peyton, do you wanna put on a dress?" He said "NO!". That didn't last long, because once he saw his 'girlfriend' in a pretty dress, he basically said what the heck and put on the one that had the most blue in it. Gotta give him credit for that! He did not choose the PINK one. So he puts the dress on and then the bow headband too. LOVED it!!! He wasn't too proud to go out back and even drive the purple Barbie Jeep. When he does something, he gives 100%! LOL!! He didn't take it off until bath time...many hours later when he (and Rebecca) smelled like wet dogs from sweating in those dresses outside.

I couldn't help but do a layout for Melissa, whom in her defense was not at all happy with her son in a dress and even sporting bright pink lipstick I'm certain Rebecca put on him. So I HAD to take a picture of it to post, to not only warn her that it's coming to her on Saturday at Bunco, but to document the layout before the 'Bad Ass American Hero' shreds it up in little pieces! Haaaaaaaa! Too Funny!

So here it is!!!


2 comments:

Cheryl C. said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are the best!!! Melissa always wanted a girl. Now she know what her daughter would look like if she had one. Maybe this will help her decide if she wants to try for that precious little girl :). You know I love you Mel. Those are some super cute layouts Julie. Keep em' comin' girlfriend!!!

HeatherB said...

Bay says, What the HECK?!? hehe